When I received a bill from Verizon Wireless in my name, I was perplexed, as I have a different carrier. When I realized that someone had stolen my identity I was angry and scared. Thank God for LibertyID! Not only were they extremely kind and assuring, they knew what to do and they fixed the situation immediately.Hope M.
- Place fraud alerts at the three major credit bureaus for you.
- Get copies of credit reports from all three credit bureaus and review the reports to identify fraudulent activity.
- Complete the Identity Theft Affidavit from the Federal Trade Commission to establish your rights as a victim.
- Contact the Social Security Administration, U.S. Postal Service, Internal Revenue Service, Department of Motor Vehicles, and other agencies as needed, to try to reverse any wrongful information, transactions, or misuse of official documentation.
- Submit disputes to credit card companies, banks, lending institutions, utility companies, cell phone carriers and more.
- Research and document any fraudulent transactions, false accounts, or contracts signed with creditors, banks, utility companies, leasing agents, medical facilities, etc., and make sure all erroneous information is removed from your credit file.
- Research public record databases to find and correct erroneous non-credit related information
- Replace lost documentation, such as credit cards, licenses, passport, and/or government-issued documents.
- Initiate single bureau credit monitoring, which will be in place throughout the recovery process and for a full 12 months after your case is resolved.
- Provide you with a complete copy of your credit report and score from one of the major credit reporting agencies, once per year.
People can spend 200+ hours and years of their lives getting back their identities. With LibertyID, you’ll spend just as little as 30 minutes and wait as little as 15 days for full restoration. Sign up today!
CALL 844-44-LIBERTY (844-445-4237)