Every business owes its success and progress to the hard work and dedication of its employees. The individuals who show up every day and put in their best efforts to accomplish those many essential tasks, both grand and mundane, that keep the wheels turning and the doors open are the lifeblood of the working world. They deserve endless recognition and credit, but oftentimes during the churn of the grind they don’t always get it.
National Employee Appreciation Week isn’t an official public holiday with a guaranteed day off, but feel free to grant one as a way to honor the moment if you choose. As an employer, find some way to demonstrate your debt to the committed souls who show up for your big picture, however that takes shape.
Yes, you cut the checks, but going above and beyond to support and encourage will help the whole endeavor stay on track while increasing morale.
We encourage you to take the time this week to show appreciation somehow outside the norm of a typical workday.
Here are some obvious benefits to your showing appreciation in the workplace:
- Simple forms of steady appreciation can boost productivity across the board – it can be as easy as a ‘thank you.’
- Inspired employees contribute and lead to increased focus on goals and accomplishments both large and small.
- Better team-building opportunities arise as encouragement is given. It is very much contagious, and employees better support one another when supported from their higher-ups.
- Company culture revolves around a positive working environment, and steady encouragement and appreciation is an easy step toward constructive culture.
- Appreciation will help maintain job satisfaction and create a continuous loop of employee dedication, hard work, and focus.
And some ideas on how to show appreciation during this unique year when many companies are still operating in a mostly virtual or remote environment:
- Send out gift cards, discounts, or care packages in lieu of leaving these on a desk or presenting in person. This provides a reward for your employee and gives you the chance to support other small businesses as well.
- Highlight an employee on social media or in internal communications. A simple shout out can bring a smile to any hard-worker and show other team members they are being seen.
- Record personalized videos singing employee praises or give them a call simply to say thanks. This takes very little effort and shows a personalized touch in a virtual environment.
- Get creative. There are an endless number of ways to show appreciate and the more unique it is, the more memorable your praise will be.
Another idea to show appreciation, and one that we at LibertyID can assist with, is providing your employees access to fully managed identity theft restoration services. In the digital working environment, businesses and individuals alike are constantly under attack from a variety of ongoing cyberthreats. Awareness of these issues is increasing, but your employees may not yet understand the risks or have any sort of plan in place to deal with identity theft if and when it occurs.
A good team is hard to find. A great one is even more rare. At LibertyID we all work together to achieve ongoing success, and every employee is an integral aspect to how high we reach as a whole. We encourage your business to support and appreciate its employees daily but to take some time this week to honor them in a real and substantial manner, whatever that may look like within your company and culture. A little effort on your part goes a long way, and your employees have no doubt put in more than a little effort over the years.
LibertyID provides expert, full service, fully managed identity theft restoration to individuals, couples, extended families* and businesses. LibertyID has a 100% success rate in resolving all forms of identity fraud on behalf of our subscribers.
*Extended families – primary individual, their spouse/partner, both sets of parents (including those that have been deceased for up to a year), and all children under the age of 25